Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pier 39

Tonight we went to check out Pier 39. The walk there was as exciting as all the activity at the Pier. We continually got stopped by people and ended up donating $5.80 to various noble causes in the local San Francisco area. I told Chris we must have the word "Suckers" stamped on our forehead. We are learning to just keep walking even if it feels incredibly rude to do so. (I guess that's what you get for growing up in the Ozarks all your life --- who knew that in another city I would be too polite for my own good!!)

This is the entrance to Pier 39. It is really fun place to hang out, but being right by the bay it gets kind of chilly and very windy.My adorable Husband who put all the plans in action to take me along with him on this trip.


We ate Dinner why we were there and you could see Alcatraz from our table which was overlooking the bay.
I was hoping to finish the evening with a ride on a cable car to the Golden Gate Bridge but we ran out of time. All of the shopping can be a real distraction. I will just have to add this to my list of activities for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment