Monday, June 29, 2009

June Highlights

I can't believe another month has come and gone and I haven't posted a single blog. The theme of June has continued to be baseball. After this weekend we added it up and we have watched 68 baseball games between our three boys. It's a good thing we all like it so much!!

Here are just a few of the memories June has left us with:

1. Chase attended the Jr. High Basketball Camp with about 35 other 7th grade boys and he made the tournament team. This team consisted of the 10 boys that the coach chose to play in a tournament at Evangel College. Chase played in 10 basketball games over three days and his team took 5th place overall. He was so proud of himself and so were we!

2. We made two trips to Harrison, AR where Chase and Garrett both played in baseball tournaments. Chase's team struggled during the 1st day of his tournament and rain cancelled the 2nd day.

This was Garrett's first out of state tournament and his team took 2nd place in their pool. Here is a picture of his team after their victory!

Garrett is on the far left of the bottom row.
(I don't know what was wrong with my camera --- I think there was sunscreen on the lens.)

3. Ethan started playing baseball and his team is undefeated!! He is the youngest boy on the team but that does not intimidate him in the least! He may be little but he is mighty!! He is so much fun to watch.

Here he is ready to field the ball at 3rd!

4. Chase attended church camp with his two friends, Matthew and Brice. This was a great time f spiritual growth for Chase and he is still talking about everything he learned during this week. I am so thankful that Matthew invited him to go, there has been a noticeable difference in my son ever since. I definitely think that he "Collided" with God during that week. (You'll have to ask Chase what that means!)

5. On Father's Day our entire family played a highly competitive game of baseball. It was a lot of fun and I hope that maybe we have started a new tradition that we will carry on for many years. Here is a picture of out team.

Did I forget to mention that we were the champions!!

6. I have decided to attend a small group bible study with some girlfriends this summer. I am so blessed to have so many girlfriends to study God's word with.

7. The hardest part of June has been our decision to leave our church where we have attended for many years. This decision has been like a dark cloud raining over the entire month of June. However, God has clearly shown us that He has closed the door of our service at that church and we know that when God closes one door He will be faithful to open another one.

That pretty much sums up our month of June. I can't wait to see what all God has for us in July!

2 comments:

  1. You have had such a busy month. I'l be praying for your family as you search for a new church. I know it's a little scary, but wonderful new doors will be opened also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! I pretty much know what's going on, but I miss reading about your thoughts on the happenings!

    ReplyDelete