Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Garrett!

Eight years old! I really don't know where all the time has gone with this guy. Garrett is one of the most kind and compassionate kids that I have ever met. He always thinks of himself last, unless you try to put him in and uncomfortable shirt or pair of socks and believe you me he knows which ones they are as soon as you pull them out of his drawer. (This must be something he inherited from his Aunt Meme, my Mom has shared similar childhood stories of her.) Garrett always has a hug and kiss for me and he still holds my hand when we walk into his school together. Everyday with Garrett is an adventure. He is such a risk taker and rarely does life bring a challenge to Garrett that he does not give it everything he's got. I can't really tell you anything that he has ever been too afraid to try. He brings so much joy and laughter into our family. I am so excited about all of the adventures that he still has ahead of him and I feel truly blessed to be right beside him through them all. Happy Birthday, Garrett! Mommy loves you so much!!

1 comment:

  1. He's one of those people who make you feel better just being around him. What a gift he is!

    ReplyDelete